There’s just 3 sleeps to go until the reopening of one of our Shire’s most loved assets – the Narooma Swimming Centre – and while swim lessons won’t commence right away, there’s still plenty of fun to be had in the lead up to lessons commencing from 22 August 2022.
On 1 July 2022, Aligned Leisure’s new partnership with Eurobodalla Shire Council to manage the Narooma Swimming Centre commenced, with our team working busily behind the scenes to launch a new and exciting swim lesson program for you and your family to enjoy, including a new nationally accredited swim curriculum.
As a valued member of the Narooma Swimming Centre Family, we can’t wait to make a splash with you as part of this new program and have put together the following information to support your start with us:
Key information and dates:
- Lessons commence from Monday 22 August 2022.
- All existing students need to re-enrol prior to this date as part of the transition to the new program and with Aligned Leisure as the new management company.
- Lesson days and times have been held for all existing students meaning that your child/ren will have priority access to continue swimming on their regular scheduled day. If you wish to change, that’s ok! Simply let our team know and we’ll find a more suitable lesson time for you.
- Our exclusive enrolment period for existing swim school families opens on Monday 25 July and runs until August 28. During this period, only families/students who were previously enrolled in lessons prior to our temporary closure will be able to enrol. This is to ensure that we can support the return of all existing students from our commencement date without disruption. Please note this does not include previous private lessons times. For information relating to private lessons please contact the Centre directly.
- Enrolments appointments are now being taken to process your re-enrolment and are held in centre or over the phone. All families are encouraged to pre-book appointments to ensure a member of our team is available at your preferred time. Appointments take up to 30 minutes and help to ensure you receive all the information needed to support your start with us.
- Free facility access is available to all students once enrolled. Come down and enjoy a casual swim in our heated pools as you wait for lessons to commence next month!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why is the program changing? We’re upgrading the Centre’s swim program to align with the Nationally Accredited Swim and Survive Program which is backed by 125 years of experience in swimming and lifesaving, and is based on evidence-based research.
- What is Swim and Survive? A fun and dynamic swimming and water safety program that focuses on the development of swimming, personal survival, basic rescue and lifesaving skills. The aim of the program is to provide students with the required skills to lead safe and active lives in, on and around water. Find out more.
- What is my new Swim and Survive Level? Our team have reviewed the previous programming levels curriculum and aligned them with the Swim and Survive Program. Please see below conversion chart for reference:
- Why are lessons not commencing right away? To help support our team in delivering the best possible program and experience to students, we’re taking some extra time to train and induct them in the new program. We have also unfortunately experienced delays in the arrival of exciting new equipment that is needed to deliver lessons.
- When can new students enrol? New student enrolments will open from August 29 with further information to be released closer to this date.
If you have any questions regarding our program, enrolments or simply wish to get to know our team better, please reach out to our Narooma Pool Captain, Rhys Noonan, at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Head of Swim School, Cory Dimmer at email@example.com
Book your enrolment appointment today, and rejoin our centre as we celebrate the return of swim students to the water and have fun creating a safe, supported environment for all to enjoy!