There’s just 4 sleeps to go until the reopening of one of our Shire’s most loved assets – the Narooma Swimming Centre.
On 1 July 2022, Aligned Leisure’s new partnership with Eurobodalla Shire Council to manage the Narooma Swimming Centre commenced, with our team working busily behind the scenes to ensure that you and your family experience minimal disruption and an extra level of fun in the changeover.
To help support this aim we are reaching out to valued users of the Centre, such as yourself, to share as much information with you as possible in preparation for your return:
8am this Saturday 23 July 2022
Facility opening hours
Varied based on peak and off-peak months as shown below. Exact dates for the changeover from off peak to peak hours will be shared via our social media page, email, website and throughout the centre once confirmed.
- Off Peak Opening Hours (Mid February – Mid November):
- Monday to Thursday 6am – 6pm
- Friday 6am – 4pm
- Saturday 8am – 2pm
- Sunday 10am – 2pm
- Peak Opening Hours (Mid November – Mid February):
- Monday and Wednesday 6am – 7pm
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 6am – 6pm
- Saturday 8am – 4pm
- Sunday 10am – 4pm
Visit and Season Passes
Available for purchase from the Centre from Saturday 23 July 2022.
Includes the majority of existing team members, meaning you can continue to enjoy many familiar faces who are all just as excited to see you return!
Will launch on 1 August 2022, with session times to be released on July 26.
Swim School Programming
Will launch on 22 August 2022. Further information will be shared with existing swim families via email in the coming days. For new enrolment enquiries, please reach out via email@example.com
Our Keep Watch Policy
- Helps us ensure everyone stays safe in and around the water by following Royal Life Saving Australia’s Keep Watch guidelines. We’re proud to follow these guidelines which include:
- CHILDREN UNDER 5 – Must stay within arm’s reach of a parent/guardian at all times (children aged under 5 will be issued a pink wristband upon entry. These wristbands will help to identify them to lifeguards and must always be worn whilst swimming including participating in swimming lessons)
- CHILDREN aged 6 to 10 – Parents/guardians must be close, be prepared & maintain constant visual contact of their child/ren at all times.
- CHILDREN aged 11 to 14 – Parents/guardians must maintain visual contact at all times.
Remember, pool safety is everyone’s responsibility and together we can create a fun, safe environment for all! To read more on our Keep Watch guidelines visit https://bit.ly/3GJEyti
Returning from Tuesday July 26. For Class times please visit www.olderfitterbetter.com
Have taken place while the centre was closed, including:
- New heating system installed to ensure water and air temperature is reliably comfortable year-round.
- New epoxy paint throughout the 50m pool providing a smoother surface, a vibrant finish and also protects the concrete underneath.
- New Centre Signage including lap lane and program signage for an improved customer experience.
We ask that you please follow all signage and staff instructions when moving around the centre, including:
- New competition standard Lane Ropes
- New start of the art aquatic equipment for Learn to Swim programming and public use
If you have any questions regarding the transition of management or our exciting reopening plans, please speak with our friendly staff at the Centre or reach out to our Narooma Pool Captain, Rhys Noonan, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark the date in your calendar, set your alarm nice and early, and be sure to join us this Saturday 23 July as we reopen this much loved community asset – we can’t wait to see you here!
The Team at Narooma Swimming Centre